This comprehensive coffee equipment technician training course introduces four essential subject areas: hydraulic systems, electrical systems, preventive maintenance, and water treatment systems.
At the end of the program, the learner will be able to:
- Identify common espresso machine, batch brewer, coffee grinder, and water treatment system components
- Describe the fundamental operating principles of brewing and steam hydraulic systems, heating element, brewing, and autofill electrical circuits, and common water treatment systems
- Describe relevant fundamental principles of hydrodynamics, electricity, preventive maintenance programs, water chemistry, and water treatment methods
- Demonstrate an awareness of the various hazards associated with working with coffee equipment and recommended procedures for working safely
- Demonstrate the safe and appropriate use of various hand tools, hydraulic fittings, and testing tools
- Demonstrate safe and appropriate use of electrical testing tools to measure voltage, continuity, and resistance
- Demonstrate successful installation of an espresso machine
- Demonstrate simple preventive maintenance steps for a traditional espresso machine, batch brewer, and coffee grinder
No prior experience is necessary.
Successful completion of this program, including three practical and online written exams, qualifies the learner for three Specialty Coffee Association Coffee Technicians Program certificates: Hydraulic Foundation, Electrical Foundation, and Water & Preventive Maintenance Foundation.
Course fee include all SCA Certificate Fees.
Please review our Course Conduct and Cancellation Policies before completing your registration. Paid registration for a course indicates acceptance of these policies.
There are no reviews yet.