This 2-1/2 day course is recommended for coffee professionals who are interested in increasing their skills and understanding of crafting high-quality espresso beverages.
In a series of discussions and hands-on exercises, we’ll:
- discover how different single-origin coffee’s sensory attributes change from cupping to espresso
- explore the impacts of green coffee growing and roasting
- practice fine-tuning grind and dose, and explore the range of flavors possible with different extractions, and recipes
- use brewing analysis tools to evaluate finished espresso
- explore the espresso menu and methods of reducing café waste
- discuss milk chemistry and refine milk steaming technique
- practice latte art fundamentals
- build bar speed and efficiency when preparing multiple drinks
- introduce basic espresso machine and grinder maintenance tasks
This course builds on the skills and knowledge introduced in Barista Skills Foundation, so successful completion of that course or an approved equivalent is required prior to attending.
Successful completion of this course, including practical and online written exams qualifies the learner for the Specialty Coffee Association’s Barista Skills Intermediate certificate.
Course fee include all SCA Certificate Fees.